NCVT - The National Children and Violence Trust
Services offered at the victim friendly rooms
- Psycho-social and Trauma Management
- Containment for victims of domestic violence and other violent crimes including accident victims.
- Individual and Family counselling
- Referring clients to other service providers
- Dealing with all forms of abuse and providing services to victims of abuse
- Focusing on child protection and where possible facilitating the removal of children from abusive situations and referring them to the statutory social workers.
- The VFR provides a one-stop service to all clients who come to the centre to seek help and information on social issues.
- Awareness campaigns are carried out to raise awareness on Gender Based Violence and abuse and engage in dialogue with the community on how these issues can be addressed
- Home visits are carried out to verify cases of neglect, child abandonment and abuse.
- As clients come into the centres, they are treated according to their presenting problems. If it is a crisis, for example, an abused child who needs removal, a place of safety is sought for the child and the case is referred to the statutory team
Cosmo City consultation room
Diepsloot consultation room
Roodepoort consultation room
Florida consultation room
Honeydew consultation room
Location of NCVT victim friendly rooms
- NCVT currently have five victim friendly rooms available at five major police stations.
- You have a un-conditional invitation to discuss your issues
- Open – Monday – Tuesday – Wednesday – Thursday – Friday
ext 8, Corner Moldavia street and, China Cres
Tel: 011 875-9941
1 Ingonyama St
Tel: 011 367-6300
4 Raath St
Tel: 011 279-6532
5 Sauer St
Tel: 011 831-7000
Plot 3 Juice Street
Tel: 011 801-8400