NCVT’S DONATION WISH-LIST
Your support will assist us to reach more children, women and families in the communities in which we operate in. With your assistance, we will be able to boost our programs; run more awareness campaigns and increase our organizations reach. Kindly donate towards:
The Victim Empowerment Centre Programme (VEC)
The VECs are linked to the police stations. In our offices here, we work mainly with victims of rape, abuse and domestic violence.
- Care Packs: These are needed for our VECs, where we hand these out to clients who have come to us for help. These particular clients, normally have run away from a desperate situation with nothing in hand. The care packs include toiletries and sanitary care.
- Food Vouchers: A large number of clients come to the VEC offices not having had food for a couple of days. The food voucher will assist them in purchasing food until they are able to find a suitable place to settle down.
The NCVT Choir
Our choir is made up of volunteers. The members are largely youth who would be sitting at home unemployed and this choir keeps them occupied and gives them a sense of purpose and accomplishment. Most of their performances are not paid. Your donation will assist the choir with the following:
- Transport Money
- Food (for performance days)
Arts & Healing in Schools:
This project uses art as a tool to get children in our schools to open up and share their stories. We conduct storytelling and healing through art work exercises. Your donation will allow us to purchase more of the following:
- Art Supplies for example: paper, paint, crayons and magazines
- Mats for children to sit on.
- Aprons (to protect the children’s school uniforms)
Contribute towards our campaigns
The days listed below, are important days in our calendar. We use these days to run campaigns and empower the community about relevant topics such as human rights and child protection. Our events are normally run in partnership with other NGO’s in our communities. Refer to our ‘projects & programmes’ page for examples of our past campaigns:
- Human Rights Day
- Youth Day
- Nelson Mandela Day
- Women’s Day
- 16 Days of Activism
The NCVT Office
As a funded organization, our first priority is spending on our programmes and projects. Hence we rely on donations for the upkeep of our office. Your donation will be used towards items such as office chairs, desks, computers, maintenance & upkeep.
Contributions Banking details